It's important to clarify that retrieving deleted text messages on an iPhone without a backup is extremely challenging. When you delete a message on your iPhone, it's typically not moved to a "trash" or "recycle bin" like it might be on a computer. Instead, it's marked for deletion and can be overwritten by new data at any time.
Once a message on iPhone is deleted, it's usually difficult to recover it without a backup copy. Can you get back deleted message on iPhone without backup? We can discuss several methods on recovering deleted text messages on iPhone conditioned.
Way 1. Retrieve Deleted Messages from Recently Deleted Folder (iOS 16)
1. You iPhone must run iOS 16 or later.
2. The messages must be recovered within 30 days since deleted. After 30 days, messages will be permanently deleted.
Recently Deleted is a significant feature added to Messages app on iOS 16. If you delete a message by accident, you can recover the deleted ones here. Important information and emotional conversations are regularly found in text messages. To retrieve deleted messages on Recently Deleted folder gives users a option to repair their mistakes.
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- On the left top, tap "Edit".
- Tap "Show Recently Deleted" on the pop-up menu.
- Choose the conversation. At the bottom you have two options, "Delete" on the bottom left and "Recover" on the bottom right.
- Select "Recover" on the bottom right. Tap "Recover Messages" and "Done".
Way 2. Check Deleted Messages on iPhone from Other Apple Devices
1. Other Apple devices and your iPhone are signed in with the same Apple ID.
2. iCloud services is active on both iPhone and Apple devices.
iCloud sync is one of the most important feature for Apple users. With the same Apple ID and iCloud, users can co-work across multiple Apple devices at the same time. Up-to-date information will be passed through iCloud and iCloud drive. So there is a chance you can find your deleted messages on iPad or Mac. But you should also know that the deletion can be also synced.
- Open the Messages app on your iPad.
- Tap on the back arrow to check whether you can find the deleted messages.
- If the deleted messages are on your iPad, you can tap them and choose "Copy" or "Forward" to recover deleted messages back to your iPhone.
Way 3. Use Third-Party Software
1. Success rate is low to get back deleted messages on iPhone without backup.
2. Price may be high for buying data recovery service.
Demands in retrieving text messages on iPhone without backup is huge and may be higher and higher. Some companies developed this sort of software to provide a dependable solution for people who have mistakenly lost crucial communications or experienced severe data loss due to a variety of factors such as software updates, device malfunctions, or accidental deletion.
But using this kind of software to recover deleted messages on iPhone may require a little technology and cost a lot. Without backup, deleted messages recovering only works while the data is still in flash memory and hasn't been erased. It is a little chance to successfully get back the deleted messages on iPhone.
- Secretly read someone's text messages/iMessages on iPhone with backup.
- See someone's photos and videos without knowing.
- Check contacts and all call history on iPhone including those incoming and outgoing.
- Track iPhone location history clearly in map and list.
- Check Safari search history and bookmarks.
Way 4. Contact Your Network Provider
1. iMessages (blue) cannot be recovered, only SMS (green).
2. The carrier cannot access your deleted messages due to privacy and security.
Some cellular providers keep a record of text messages. You can contact your service provider to see if they can help you retrieve the messages. In some cases, your mobile carrier may retain text messages for a period of time. But due to technological difference, iMessages cannot be recovered. If you only want to get deleted SMS text messages, try to contact them.
Retrieving deleted text messages on iPhone without backup is a very difficult and conditioned thing. By going through the whole post, you may get some ways that can be used to achieve it, Recently Deleted, iCloud sync, third-party software, and phone service provider. But you should also know that it is not 100% success rate to retrieve deleted messages on iPhone by the ways above.