Instant messenger like Facebook plays more and more important role in our daily communication. We may make an appointment with friends on Facebook Messenger. How can you find their location?
So, if you want to know how to find someone's location on Facebook you can try out all the methods described below.
4 Ways to Find Location of A Person on Facebook
Way 1. Using Share Live Location on Facebook
This method is one of the most reliable methods if you are looking at how to trace Facebook user locations. Facebook allows users to share their location on Facebook Messenger. So, the next user at the other end will only be able to see your location and it does care about privacy as well in this way.
The location gets disabled after a period settled by the user. Follow the steps given below to see to know how to find someone's location on Facebook Messenger:
- Log in to Facebook account on Facebook mobile app.
- Look for four dots at the left bottom and choose "Location".
- Once you are done with this, tap on "Share Live Location". Now, your location will be visible to your Facebook friends or you can limit as well who can see your location.
- A user can only see the location of the next person if he's willing to let others know about it.
- To know someone's location, you have to be on their friend's list.
Way 2. Using Location Tags and Hashtags to Find Someone
This method is to check someone's location on Facebook by exploring all their Facebook posts and stories. Check their hashtags and trends that they used in their stories and posts. By keeping an eye on their stories, you would be able to easily know their location and address.
- Find hashtags that a user use on their Facebook posts and stories.
- Click on a hashtag that suggest the user's location.
- Now click on "Show Location" and you will be redirected to Google Maps, from there you can easily locate the location.
- You won't be able to know the user's location if they have posted the picture from another location.
- The user may post hashtag of another location that's not related to their actual address.
Way 3. Use Location Tracker to Track Someone on Facebook
In spite that Facebook allows users to track the location of their friends and family, there are other better, effective, and reliable ways available. Third-party location tracking tools are used in this method. FoneWatcher Location Tracker can help you.
It is a powerful and reliable phone tracking app that helps the user on how to find a location of a person on Facebook. Besides, you can set up geofence, track other social media apps like WhatsApp, internet browsing history, and many other activities. You can track messages on Facebook remotely, as well as likes, comments, and posts that the target user has made from the target device. Users can also take screenshots of Facebook to know what's going on the target device.
Steps to set up FoneWatcher Location Tracker
Step 1. Create an account. The very first step that imitates the process is to create a free account and choose a plan to enjoy the premium features.
Step 2. Download and install app. Once you are done with registration, check the setup guide where you can find all the instructions to download and install FoneWatcher on the target phone.
Step 3. Sync location and start tracking. The icon of the app will automatically disappear from the screen once it's installed on the target device and it will start working in the background. You will get access to the dashboard as well and from the dashboard, you can view all the location tracking activities of the target device and even can track live location as well.
Way 4. Use Nearby Friends Feature to See Location
Facebook allows users to share their location with friends and users share it. This feature won't work until your turn on your location history. Let's have a look at how to find the location of a person on Facebook.
For iOS Devices
- Turn on location service and set it to always in options.
- Click on the 3 horizontal line icons at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on "Nearby Friends" and look for "See More" options.
- Finally, tap on the "Gear" icon at the top corner of the screen and this will share your location.
For Android Devices
- Turn on your "Location Services and Background Location".
- Tap on the three parallel lines icon and tap on "Nearby Friends".
- After turning it on you will see a list of nearby friends but only those who have turned on this feature.
- It's such a useful feature but it's still not perfect as some flaws exist.
- Facebook won't allow you to track strangers, only Facebook friends' locations can be tracked.
- You won't get the accurate location it just provides approximate location.
- It's not available on PC or Web-only it works on Mobile.
Although Facebook provides location tracking features to its users these are not reliable as they are very limited. You can only track the locations of users only if they allow you to do so.
But if you are looking for how to find the location of a person on Facebook, you can only track this with a third-party app like FoneWatcher. It's the most effective and working method to find the accurate location of any user on Facebook.