There can be many reasons why you need to turn on a phone camera remotely, neither Android phones or iPhones. Parents may want to keep an eye on their children's safety. Individuals might want to monitor their property or pets while they are away from home. Or your phone is lost or stolen, so that you need to remotely activate the camera to potentially identify the thief or locate the device.
Whatever the reason is, remotely activating a phone camera is always in request. Here are answers on how to turn on a phone camera remotely on Android phones or iPhones. Let's go for it!
3 Ways to Connect Other's Android Phone Camera Remotely
You might have the doubt of if it is possible to access your or someone's phone camera on Android device. Though the options might be limited, we still have 3 proven methods for you about how to access another Android phone camera from your phone.
Way 1. Use FoneWatcher to Remotely Turn on Phone Camera
FoneWatcher, one of the best remote recorder, enables you to look through phone camera. It allows you to remotely take, monitor, view, and access photos. More than accessing phone camera, FoneWatcher can be used to monitor an Android device seamlessly and track real -time locations, access phone files and documents, monitor social media apps on the Android phone, take screenshots on the monitored device from anywhere and manage activities on the app.
- You can get all call history incoming, outgoing, cancelled and missed.
- You can read all text messages received, sent, and even deleted.
- You can check search history with detailed URL, Frequency and time and date.
- It can track real-time location and provide specific location history on map.
- It helps monitor 20+ socail media apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LINE, Telegram, Viber, Discord, YouTube, TikTok, and so on.
- You can record surrounding live in 2/5/10/15 min for your need.
- You can also record calls between both 2 and listen it online or download on your own device.
- Moreover, it provides phone screen recording with time optional 15/30/60 seconds.
- For parental-control monitoring, you can set geofencing and track keywords on your child's phone to know where they go and what they search for. It will alarm the potential danger child would face.
- All data you can export from target phone to your own devices in case of reviewing. The ball is in your court.
How to Activate A Camera on Android Phone with FoneWatcher
FoneWatcher is a user-friendly program. The developer designs it as a simple call recording app that everyone can use it easily. Follow 3 simple steps below to turn on Android phone camera remotely:
Step 1. Create a free account
Simply click on "Sign Up Free". All you are required to do is create your account with a valid email address and choose a product license.
Step 2. Download and install FoneWatcher on target Android phone
See the instructions you will need to download the app and complete the installation on the Android device.
Step 3. Turn on camera on control panel
Log into your FoneWatcher account on web browser. Under the "Remote Control", activate the phone camera to take photos secretly and remotely, anywhere, anytime.
Way 2. Use IP Phone Camera
IP Phone camera, a free Android software from a third party, allows you to monitor various cameras and shoot pictures from a distance. It is also capable of sending email notifications. If you want a way to access your camera remotely, this is a wonderful choice. Your Android phone may be used as a live camera from anywhere in the world with it. An internet connection and the instructions below are all that are required.
- Step 1. Search for IP Phone Camera app and install it from Google Play Store.
- Step 2. Choose the way you want to connect it: Wi-Fi, Mobile Hotspot, or Data. If you select Wi-Fi or Mobile Hotspot, both the sender and receiver devices should be under the same network.
- Step 3. Tap "Start Broadcasting" to view your phone camera live feed. Open browser from any device and use the URL link provided to view the feed.
- Step 4. Your phone and browser will connect. Now you can access the camera feed from any device.
Way 3. Use IP Webcam App
Another way to access Android phone camera is IP Webcam app. You can use it to turn Android phone into a network camera that can be watched and operated from any device. Below are the steps of how to use it:
- Step 1. Download and install IP Webcam from Google Play.
- Step 2. Launch the app and provide access privileges. You can access live camera feeds via the app's local and cloud streaming capabilities from anywhere.
- Step 3. To broadcast camera feeds from your phone, review the list of adjustable options and press "Start Server". Please note that local broadcasting requires a network connection on each device for both.
- Step 4. Open browser and search for the link from another device.
- Step 5. Tap "Browser" to view and control your camera from a different device to take photos.
3 Ways to Turn on Camera on iPhone Remotely
Except for methods to turn on camera on Android phone, you may also want to know how to activate camera on iPhone. Here we also give you 3 ways.
Way 1. Apple Watch
Smartwatches can be used to remotely access the camera on your phone; Apple Watch is one of them. If you own both an iPhone and an Apple Watch, you can access and operate your phone's camera by your Apple Watch.
All you need to do is go to Apple Watch's settings and select the camera remote. Tap the Apple Watch shutter button after positioning your iPhone where you wish to take a picture. The use of a three-second delay is optional. Additionally, it enables you to select between the iPhone's front and back cameras.
Way 2. Siri or Voice Control
Siri, a voice-activated personal assistant powered by AI, is a built-in function on Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac). Siri can be used for everything from turning on and off your Apple devices to calling a friend and controlling your camera from a distance.
Siri makes it very easy to use your iPhone camera without touching it. The phone camera shortcut with Siri needs to be added. You may specify a time for Siri to launch the camera and take a picture in the Shortcut settings. For instance, you might tell Siri to use the camera on your iPhone and take a picture everytime you say "Say Cheese."
Way 3. EarPods
You can use your EarPods to remotely operate the camera on your iPhone. AirPods, like other Apple products, are capable enough to operate your iPhone's camera remotely. The camera may be accessed remotely whether you're wearing wireless EarPods or iPhone earbuds.
To remotely take a picture on your phone while wearing earbuds, press the volume up or down button. Pressing the center button on your wireless EarPods will activate Siri, which you may then use to open the camera, switch to the front or rear camera, or take pictures.
Now, you know the ways to turn on a phone camera both on Android phones and iPhones. You can use FoneWatcher Remote Recorder, IP Phone Camera, and IP Webcam to look through Android phone camera. You can also use Apple Watch, Siri feature, and AirPods to activate iPhone camera.
One thing we hope you know is that FoneWatcher can also be used as a parental control app and location tracker multiply. Try the ways mentioned above to remotely access a phone camera!