As the most popular messaging app with 2.7 billion users, WhatsApp cares more about its privacy and security. For more privacy, WhatsApp has released an optional feature called "Disappearing Messages". What is it? How to enable it on WhatsApp? Can you see the WhatsApp disappearing messages after setting time? All things will be revealed in this post. Let's dive in!
Part 1. What is WhatsApp Disappearing Messages?
Disappearing Messages on WhatsApp, as the name suggests, allows WhatsApp users to send messages that automatically disappear after a set period. This feature adds an ephemeral touch to conversations, letting users communicate without the worry of their messages lingering indefinitely. You should note that disappearing messages on WhatsApp cannot be retrieved.
Both sender and receiver in a WhatsApp chat can send a disappearing message. The duration of the messages can be 24 hours, 7days or 90 days after sent. The disappearing messages feature can only be used on new messages sent, which means you cannot change the sent ones into disappearing ones. If you want to change them, you can delete them and resend disappearing messages instead.
Part 2. How to Enable and Turn off Disappearing Messages on WhatsApp?
Disappearing Messages feature can works in both one-on-one chat and group chat. In an individual chat, each side can turn on and off the disappearing messages. In a group chat, you can set up that only the admin has the control over it. When the disappearing messages feature has been on and off, participants will be notified.
Turn on or off Disappearing Messages in One-on-One Chats
- Open the chat you want to enable or disable disappearing messages for.
- Tap the contact's name.
- Select "Disappearing Messages."
- Choose the desired duration for message visibility.
Turn on or off Disappearing Messages in Group Chats
- Open the group chats in which you want to send disappearing messages.
- In "Group Info", choose "Group Settings" to change the settings that only admins can edit.
- Go back, tap on "Disappearing Messages".
- Choose the desired message timer 24 hours, 7 days, 90 days or Off to turn on of disable the feature.
Turn on or off Disappearing Messages for All Chats
- You can directly set up "Default Message Timer" from the last step of individual and group disappearing messages setup page.
- Or you can go to the "Settings" of WhatsApp. Tap on "Account".
- Then select "Privacy" >> "Default Message Timer".
- Enable time duration 24 hours, 7 days or 90 days. Choose "Off" to disable it.
Part 3. Is It Possible to See WhatsApp Disappearing Messages When Time is Over?
Messages will vanish if WhatsApp Disappearing Messages feature is enabled. Does it mean that after the time duration, you will never see these disappearing messages ever? Actually, it is possible to see WhatsApp disappearing messages in below several situations:
- Forwarded messages: WhatsApp allows users to forward messages. Disappearing messages can be seen in the forwarded messages even though they disappeared in the original chat.
- Message replied: WhatsApp allows users to quote and reply a messages. If the disappearing messages are replied, they will remain after the time for original ones is up.
- Notifications pop up: If the chat where disappearing messages are in is not open, and the notification feature is on, disappearing messages as well as deleted messages on WhatsApp will show in notification panel. In this way, you can see them.
What if WhatsApp disappearing messages no forwarded, replied, and notifications?
Now you need a tool called FoneWatcher WhatsApp Keylogger. FoneWatcher works with WhatsApp on Android in hidden mode and no root. Safe and undetectable. This app lets you to record every message on WhatsApp, all normal, disappearing and deleted ones. You can also use its screenshot features to know everything happened on WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp chats. All messages in individual and group chats can be seen, including media.
- WhatsApp status. Check WhatsApp status here even the private ones.
- WhatsApp calls. Find WhatsApp call history and record call conversations and listen to them.
- WhatsApp voice messages. Not only texts but also audio messages can easily be accessed. Or you can directly check in chat box.
- WhatsApp photos and videos and documents. Watch multimedia files on WhatsApp with FoneWatcher.
- Instant notifications. You can set up sensitive content and contacts to get alert immediately when they are detected.
- All data can be checked online or download to sync on your own devices.
How to Read WhatsApp Diappearing Messages with FoneWatcher?
Step 1. First, you shall create a free account on FoneWatcher. Then pick a plan according to your needs.
Step 2. You now will redirect to a setup guide by which you can download and install FoneWatcher on target Android phone. Configure some necessary settings.
Step 3. After successful installation, you can leave the phone and log into your account on FoneWatcher website in any device. Start to monitor all messages on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp's Disappearing Messages strike a balance between privacy and convenience, offering users a way to communicate more authentically while safeguarding their sensitive information. You can enable this features in individual and group chats. Or you can use disappearing messages for all chats on WhatsApp following the steps above. If you want to see WhatsApp disappearing messages after time duration, try FoneWatcher WhatsApp Keylogger.